For daily use in the morning or evening. Rub your hair oil into the palms of your hands, massage gently into the tips of dry or damp hair and rub the excess into hands, nails and skin. Use therapeutically, inhale and breathe deeply.
For finer hair types we recommend to use between 2 - 3 drops of The Soothing Scalp Oil or Clarifying Hair Oil. Oily hair is generally a little finer in texture and isn't able to absorb heavy products like other hair types would. So our Clarifying Oil is made with a very light grapeseed oil as the base. The Soothing Scalp Oil is devised for those with sensitive skin types, as it is made using a 1% blend instead of 3% and is packed with Omega 3 and Vitamin E.
For thicker, dry or damaged hair types that need more nourishment we advise to use 3 - 5 drops of the Daily Rituals Hair Oil or The Nourishing Hair Oil. The Daily Rituals Oil is made up of oils such as, Moringa, Almond, Chamomile, Rosemary and Lavender. These all have healing properties, especially the Chamomile and Moringa oil which are great for strengthening brittle hair from within, leaving behind soft and strong tresses. The Nourishing Hair Oil is brilliant for dry and thicker hair types that need moisture, as its Argan base provides deep nourishment.
Understanding your hair type will make your life a lot easier when it comes to styling and caring for your hair. See our blog here on ‘Identifying your hair type. Which S A Y A Hair Oil is best for you? here.
- "Having used many hair oils on the market, it’s been a relief to find one that feels like it’s genuinely making a difference to your hair. I have used the daily ritual oil, most days, for a a few months now and I can really feel and see a difference. After years of colouring and using a lot of heat on my hair, this thick nourishing oil is great for hair that needs some serious TLC. Use on wet hair or dry and even after styling for a nice hold. Added bonus is that it smells dreamy too! Love it!" - Imogen
- "I am so happy with my hair oil - the aroma's - the texture - the way it really works! I have long naturally grey hair that feels revived when I use the oil. I don't seem to loose as much hair as I did before I used it because it is less tangled and because I'm using the S A Y A wooden palm comb instead of a brush these days. The little comb easily tucks into a pocket or bag and glides through long hair better than a brush!" - Janine
- "I have really loved using my hair oil , I have curly hair and it works wonderfully In adding some glossiness to my hair, the whole ritual of using it, making the time for myself and giving myself something that feels like a joy is also part of why i love it. The blend of essential oils smells beautiful and is really calming so I have also enjoyed using it on my skin and to relax, it’s perfect for so many reasons." - Bryony
- "Apart from the incredible scent which lingers for longer than any other hair treatment I've used recently, the Saya hair oil is so gentle and nourishing. It's now part of my hair ritual. I've switched my conditioner out and use this instead. I hope you're working on a shampoo to go with, soon." - Heloise
- "The hair oil smells amazing and gives my hair the TLC it needs to bring it back to life. New mums often suffer from thinning hair and having had my baby this year, the oil has helped to give my fragile hair the nourishment it needs. It does not make hair greasy like other oils can do. It does the job but is still easy to rinse out. I also like how versatile it is! I would whole heartedly recommend. If you have never considered using hair oil, I would recommend trying this one." - Liv
- "I LOVE the oil. It's had a drastic improvement on my hair's nourishment already. As it's a heavier oil, it's perfect for my hair since it's very kinky, frizzy and thick. It needs an oil that can penetrate that coil, soak into the roots, and last. My hair is looking shinier and healthier. Not to mention the smell is amazing!" - Ruby
- "Applied it after conditioner as a leave in treatment at every wash. 4 -5 drops applied mostly to the ends of my hair. Hair was shiny and light and curls looked healthy. Really loved it, first hair oil i’ve used that hasn’t made my hair really greasy" - Lucy
- "I'm very new to hair oils but am loving it. I never got on well with hair 'products' because they either made my hair feel greasy or crispy. I also don't tend to spend very much time on getting ready, looking after myself so I like the idea of having something easy and non-faffy to use. It's also great because I have VERY thick hair and this helps to make it less mushroomy and more manageable. I like that it can be used daily as a kind of ritual and I love that all the products are entirely natural. I have a very sensitive nose so I can't stand strongly perfumed things or synthetic smells." - Olivia
- "I have a dry and flaky scalp, dry ends, so I tried the Soothing Scalp Oil with a 1% blend as it's better for sensitive skins. I loved the smell and texture, I only ever used a very small amount in case it was too heavy on my hair. It felt nourishing, so I didn't have to use it daily so more of a special weekly treatment." - Izzy
- "On two occasions I used 4 drops onto my wet hair. From the middle of the hair downwards to the ends. This worked really well, when the hair had dried naturally, the hair wasn’t at all oily. The hair seemed soft, clean and shiny. Since my hair is so dry at the ends, I tried first of all putting 4 drops and rubbing it through the ends. This made my hair really greasy. The second time I tried it, I used 2 drops and rubbed it into the ends of my dry hair. This time the hair seemed to absorb it in well." - Heather
- "I loved the smells.... I have used a bit in my baths and used it quite a bit on my scars when I massage them." - Frankie
- "I used it after every-time i washed my hair, so most days but less so as working from home so washing hair maybe every other day. Would towel dry hair and then rub the oil into my hands and then would sort of scrunch it through the hair and twiddle the hair through my fingers. I really love the oil, it smells so natural and clean. lovely texture. I did over do it one day and my hair looked quite greasy but this was totally my fault, as well as this my hair is so dry it absorbed it and was left much more smooth which was really great!. Love the packaging and design, it is something I have at the front of my shelf as it looks so lovely." - Alex